- 1986-1988 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Burlington Spectator was published as a section of the Hamilton Spectator [Ontario, Canada] between 8 September 1986 and February 1988. Its launch on 8 September 1986 followed the takeover and closing of the Burlington Gazette which had been published since 1896. Originally published six days a week, the Burlington section began to appear less frequently. Its office at 534 Brant Street was closed in 1988 and remaining staff moved to the Spectator offices in Hamilton.
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Collection was donated to the Archives of the Burlington Historical Society by the Hamilton Spectator when the offices of the Burlington Spectator were closed in 1988.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The collection consists of 107 photographs in a binder. Information about the photographs is hand-printed on the reverse. The photographers have not been identified. The subjects illustrated a number of “lifestyle” stories of local Burlington interest: community service organizations, awards, independent business owners, and cultural activities.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
An inventory is available.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
The photographs are filed in archival sleeves within a binder.
The photographs have been scanned and are available through the Local History page shared with the Burlington Public Library.http://images.burlington.halinet.on.ca/
Title based on content of fonds.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Some rules apply